Thursday, September 16, 2004

Happy New year to all the Jews !!!!!!

Happy Rosh Hashanah!
Have no idea if thtz how the Jews all over the world are greeting each other right now....juz came to know tht today is Jews' New Year....So my greetings 2 all of u...
I was always very interested in knowing about religions esp. Judaism,right from the time when I was 15 yrs old...The book "Acts of faith " by Erich Segal introduced me to the religion which otherwise was existing only as any other religion's name I had mugged in history class ...I was quite knowledgeable about christianity..thanx to all the convents 'n christian management schools I had attended...Guess..must be having atleast 3 bibles at home..inspite of the fact tht I am a tam-Brahm....
Somehow..I think understanding the origin of religions would help one to understand the evolution of human thinking and the act of living in conformity with the society...I feel "Religion" is more of a lifestyle one has adopted 'n lives his life in conformity to the principles of the religion....Hence I think all the riots in the name of religion are crap 'n excuses to human craving for blood...Atheist I am, I feel this whole of "I do it in the name of God" thingee crap but religions intrigue me a lot....Hence..whenever i get time,I search and get to know more about different religions..the practices...the place of origin....the common things I find between different religions or sects whose place of origin is same or in the neighbourhood of one another...
Judaism - Christianity - Islam----This is one helluva combination..I should say..for any of those who wants to take up research on religions....all of them have Jerusalem as their Sacred Place....the religions tht have middle east as their place of origin...they also seem to be major inspiration for many of the authors...
Read this book "The Haj" by Leon Uris...after reading , i was so inspired to discover more about the creation of Israel tht the very next thing i did was google search 'n find as much as i can .,.about Israel 'n Palestine....
These books 'n the search make me ponder about the thinking process of humans 'n their obstinacy in accepting anything not related to them as Superior....
As an atheist...I beg to differ from the believers about the existence of God..coz i have different point of view about the same about which I will write tomorrow...maybe tht wud answer those who think I am close minded 'n one needs to be open minded when it comes to believing in God....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yes.. I remember our second yr discussion on acts of faith... that book rocks maan!!! anywayz.. we could link each other up.. what say ?
sang

Shrilakshmi alias Satya Subramanian said...

Sure Sang! thumbs up from my side!