Wednesday, June 04, 2008

But those are the words I spoke....

Day 1
Scene : A tea-break. Two persons discussing about another person
Characters: Me , Person A (Soon to -be-accused in the post)
Me : Cannot believe I survived thru his rambling!
Person A : (smiles)
(I am wondering if Person A understands what I am talking about)
Me : His reasoning was so ridiculous that I begin to suspect if his IQ is in the range of 10 - 20
Person A : (still giving that stupid smile)
Me : The next time I see him , I guess I will be forced to say “Please grow up and then report to work”. Lets get back to work
Person A : (dutifully follows)
Day 2
Scene : Tea-break again
Characters: Me, Person A & Person B. Person B was not present for the meeting that was discussed the previous day.
Person B : Hey, how was the meeting yesterday ?
Me : Dont worry. You did not miss anything. The same old rigmarole
Person A : We managed to survive his rambling.
(I show some surprise Person A has managed to express some opinion. But I was going to get a shock soon)
Person A : His reasoning was so ridiculous that I begin to suspect if his IQ is in the range of 10 - 20
(I am beginning to gape at Person A.Hey, I felt that way yesterday)
Person A : The next time I see him , I guess I will be forced to say “Please grow up and then report to work”.
Me : (thinking to myself) Hey those were my words..how can you steal them
(I was so enraged I could not stand the company)
Me : Lets get back to work.
Of late, I find myself in the same situation lot often. I do not where to report this opinion-theft. I know these happen everywhere but using the same words too……
The situation seems even more grave when you consider the fact that characters mentioned (other than myself) are the persons I have to spend my entire work day with :-((
Any advice on handling the situation ???

0 comments: