Monday, June 23, 2008

Yeh John Galt Kaun Hai?

Prompted by one of Interrobang’s comments in a post of mine, I picked up Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand . I was reading it over the weekend. Though it was the second time I was reading it, I was able to enjoy it more now. But there was a difference during this second time reading. I was able to associate faces for the characters which I did not do last time. I was so affected by this attempt to associate faces to the character that I started browsing for images by characters names.

Hangover existed this morning too. While I was on my way to work this morning, I was thinking if I were to make a bollywood movie based on the novel, how the casting would be ! These are my choices…was not able to complete the list..will keep updating as I think of them!
  • John Galt - Hrithik Roshan
  • Francisco D’Anconia - Vivek Oberoi
  • Dagny Taggart - Thought about this for quite a while and decided on Priyanka Chopra
  • Ragnar Dannesjköld - This was the most surprising bit of my instinct - I dont understand
    why I cant take Jimmy Shergill off my mind when I think about this character
  • Hank Rearden - KK Menon
  • Hugh Akston - Amitabh Bacchan
  • Dr. Robert Stadler - Anupam Kher
  • Lillian Rearden - Mallika Sherawat / Asin
  • James Taggart - I would like to cast Boman Irani but I am a bit apprehensive if he will look too old for the part….so in other words, I am not very sure about this one !
  • Other Characters - Not yet decided. Suggestions are welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, the tag line would be “Abey Saale, kisko maloom yeh John Galt kaun hai re? ” ;-)

PS: I am no expert in Hindi. Excuse any errors in the tag line and appreciate the effort :-)

0 comments: